The call has been made and Scott, my brother, will be home on Thursday. His re-deployment ceremony is scheduled to be at 4:45 in the afternoon.
Looking back 15 months ago, it seemed like he would be gone forever. We wondered on a daily basis if we were gonna get a call that something happened. There were lots of shed tears and very few talks with him.
Today.... I can tell you that we, as a family are blessed to know that he is coming home in one piece and that he will be coming home alive. I can not tell you how fast the time has flown bye. Looking back on it, it seems like yesterday that he left.
Needless to say.... we are all beside ourselves knowing he is returning. I can not be there for the homecoming but have asked for lots of pictures. I will see him in a month anyway!
So today I am happier than a pig in shit just knowing that my big brother, my hero will be home in only 2 days!!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so glad that Scott will be returning safely. I know how trying it has been for you and your family. We have kept you and yours in our daily prayers. So, we would like to say:
WELCOME HOME FROM THOSE PRAYING FOR YOU UP IN FARMINGTON! SCOTT YOU ARE A HERO TO MANY!
Post a Comment