Monday, April 7, 2008

Trying Weekend

I have no words to describe this weekend. It was trying, to say the least.
Lauren had a friend spend the night and I got on her after the friend left because of the way she treated her little sister while her friend was here. I ended up crying because I was frustrated and sickened to know that she could treat an innocent child like that when her friends are around. I went to work. I came home for her to tell me she called her mother cause she wants to go back there!! Of course, Mt Robin started boiling and the lava came out full force! I lost my mind. She has said so much stuff about her mom. Nothing good of course and now all of a sudden she wants to go back? She came her to say her mom treated her so bad, her mom was on drugs, her mom just flat out neglected her. And now she wants to go back because I told her she was an ass to her sister.
You talk about hurt. Talk about a kick in the face! I knife in the back!
After I calmed down.... the answer was NO. We arent playing this game with her. She is done playing her parents against each other. Of course at 14 the grass seems greener on the other side no matter which side she is on. No ma'am! Not happening this time.
It is gonna take some time. She is a kid. Kids hurt parents all the time. It is a matter of getting past it. She will hurt us again. I am sure she will throw it up in our faces again that she wants to go back. I am strong enough to continue to say NO!!!
Needless to say, it still hurts..... hurts both her dad and I!

1 comment:

McBluefire said...

Good for you. Stick to your guns. She needs for you to!