Saturday, March 15, 2008

Shout out to Ken

So I went to high school and everyone who knew me back then could tell you that I was a bitch. That wasn't the case for a boy named Ken Collins. We were friends. We weren't the best of friends, but we spoke and hung out during class. As people do, we lost touch with each other after high school until about a year ago. He walked into my work and instantly remembered me. He would come into the store and we would talk, we kept in touch on myspace. He filled me in on his battle with canser and told me that the doctors were so impressed with the progress he had made. When looking at him, the doctors could hardly believe he suffered from cancer. His spirits were so high. He was always positive about what came next. He had just met someone very special and they were engaged to be married.
Unfortanely, he lost his battle with cancer yesterday. Things took a toll for the worse. And it happened so quickly. I am proud to say that I knew Ken. I will take our many talks from him as a blessing. He taught me how to have a positive outlook on life even when things are not going my way. I know I have another angel looking down on me from above!
And Ken, I will miss you my friend! I reached out to Shannon for you. I will be there for her. You were a true inspiration to all of us. May you rest in sweet peace my friend. You will never be forgotten, and will be greatly missed.

No comments: