So today was my first day back at work in 2 months. I was glad to be back, as were my employees glad to see me back. I love my children, but I do need to be away from them at times. Daycare is way too expensive for 2 kids, thus the reasoning behind a part time evening Walmart job! Gets me out of the house, makes me a few extra dollars... and gives me a discount on things I need!
Anyway, the day started off great! In the 2 months I have been gone, SO much has changed. It was like I would do one thing and the other supervisor would say, oh no that changed. Grrrr!!! I finally told the other gal I was working with to fill me in on what exactly my job was again.
As I went to leave, I had to put out a fire. Not literally, but a door greeter gave another door greeters jacket away to a customer! I know, what a dummy. But I did what I could. A measly walmart jacket could never replace the expensive jacket the gal lost, but she took it with a smile and we both hoped that the customer would eventually bring her jacket back.
I get home.... beat. After all... 7 hours on my feet, only sitting to eat, other than that standing and walking all day. I just want to sit. My hubby (sorry if you are reading this and get your panties in a ruffle) asks something and I make mention that my feet hurt. He mentions something that totally makes me feel like I have no reason to complain over standing and walking for 7 hours. I remind him that he sits at a desk all day. He informs me that he ran 5.5 miles. Super........ you ran. I stood. I felt like it was a poor comparision. I felt like a wimp. I felt like I really wasnt good enough to run 5.5 miles. I felt like what I do doesnt matter.....
And then I decided I would write this and not give a shit! That if I see at least one smile on someones face at the end of the day. I have done something right as a supervisor and a person. If I can keep just one person coming back to the store.... me standing all day is more fufilling to me than worrying about running 5.5 miles.
So there...... and I will do it all over again tomorrow!
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You Go! Standing is much different than running. TRUST ME! I stand at work a lot! It makes your feet hurt.
Post a Comment