Monday, November 10, 2008

No, I did not die....

I am simply mourning the loss of my New Kids on the block tickets still!

Let me fill some of you in......
And no laughing while I tell the story.

In the 7th grade, I was picked by a friend to travel to Dallas to see my first concert ever.... New Kids in the Block. They came with the group Perfect Gentleman. I was allowed by my parents to go.... whew.... first plane ride, first concert. I was livin large!!
Here it is all these years later, and I hear NKOTB would be coming to my hometown! YES!!! How awesome is that?! Tickets were selling at a rate more than I cared to pay, so I told myself, the only way I would be going would be if I won them off the radio.
I played my cards right, one Monday morning, when my favorite radio show was giving away 5th row tickets.... that is close enough to push my way to center stage and get some sweat beads off my not so manly boys! Sweet..... I won the tickets! 5th row!!!
My heart was broken only a week later by the news that those little eff'rs cancelled the Albuquerque show! What?! You mean, my guys didnt want to play for the 1300 people who got tickets (most of which were probably won)?! But still, I actually cried tears when I listened to the same station I won them from, inform the listeners that they had cancelled. A woman, 33 years old, crying over some dudes that meant the world to her at 13! I am 33, who cares right?! I do!!! I wanted to see them, still after all these years!!!
So close........ so close to seeing them after all these years!
No words can tell you how I feel.........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that story brought tears to my eyes...