Sunday, November 30, 2008

Where's the neck?

So we just got back from Tucson. Took the girls and went to the in-laws house for turkey day! It was the first time since Hannah was born that we have been out that way for Thanksgiving. That is our normal holiday that we spend out of town.
Thanksgiving was great! All the food.... yum! I think I gained 10 pounds on Thanksgiving alone! And I still have Christmas with my folks before they go to my brothers, then Christmas here!
On to the title of my blog and what it means!
My in laws are very proper. I love them though.... I am still my crazy self around them. I think after nearly 8 years.... they have accepted the person I am.
So, my husbands Godparents were in town for the holiday too. My mother in law makes the dressing, stuffs the bird and puts the rest of the dressing in another dish. Nancy, Woodys Godmother says "you should have put the turkey neck on the dressing to keep it moist" Ceil, my mother in law, says, "thats a good idea!" Nancy, "Where's the neck?" Ceil, "Where's the neck?" Woodys dad "Its in the trash, it is wrapped up in plastic, want me to get it?" and he walks away. Me, "By wrapped up in plastic are you meaning wrapped in the garbage bag?" Woody "So your gonna dig shit out of the garbage?" Me: "Um.... I think I am gonna pass on the dressing this year!" Ceil: "we will rinse it off" Just then my father in law walks up to the sliding glass door with the turkey neck in his hand. Woody "HE DUG IT OUT OF THE OUTSIDE TRASH!!" Me "and you guys thought I was ghetto?!" Needless to say, we all had a great laugh! And I dont think we will ever let my in laws live the turkey neck down!!
On a side note, I ate the dressing that was inside the turkey!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've been tagged. Please forgive me!

http://suicidaljane.blogspot.com/2009/01/i-couldnt-think-of-anything-else-to.html