Wednesday, November 12, 2008

You dont know me....

Before the subway blog, I gotta get this off my chest.

Have you ever come across the one person that believes they know you all too well but really dont? How about the person that makes you the butt of the jokes without knowing if in fact you can take it?

I gotta say I got my feelings hurt today.... cause someone apparently doesnt know me the way they think they do.

Some how while I was minding my own business at work, someone walks up to me laughing saying "how many times were you married"? Me being the way I am threw a few F bombs that persons way, and told them it wasnt their business!

Then thinking about it, I let them know the following (which is true, so you readers may learn a thing or two about me):

I have been married three times.
My first husband, thought it was cool to beat up on a girl. After many years of getting the shit kicked out of me, I married him and it lasted all of 8 months before I was the one charged with Battery. I bravely left without looking back, black and blue from head to toe!
My second husband, thought cheating and doing drugs was the manly thing to do. He tried to kick my ass once, but I beat him up and left. I was tired of providing just so he could go take his girls out and spend the money on his drug and alcohol habits.
I am now on my third marriage. It seems to be working out just fine. We have been married over 6 years now.
If this one doesnt work out.... that is it... I am switching teams!

All is true but the last line. So ask yourself this..... how well do you know a person before poking fun at something that may really hurt them on the inside. Cause ladies and gentleman, being married three times is NOT my proudest moment! I am soooo ashamed of it. I really am, and before anyone can throw stones, ask yourself if you too would have stayed married to either one of those men?!

ok, my rant is over.... I had to get it off my chest... cause well... it hurt and frankly, it still does!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

being married 3 times doesn't make you a bad person. you did what was best for you. all too often, women in those situations end up missing and then they find the body later. OR they just find the body. it was very brave of you to have enough strength to leave those awful situations. i'm just sorry that you got charged and not him and that he's still walking around doing it to someone else. *hugs*

and if anyone tries to eff with you, throw this at them...

"i know you are but what am i?"

or the classic

"sticks and stones may break my bones but you'll always be ugly."

(okay so i modified the last one but i'm sure it made you smile...)