Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A week and a half.......

My girls have been at daycare for a week and a half. So far Hannah is doing rather well. As far as we know she has only been in time out once. She claims she was running around and the other kids were teasing her. That translates to I was not listening to the teacher and doing my own thing making fun of everyone. No sickness to report yet!

Payton on the other hand..... it is 1:07 pm and I am not blogging from my desk at work. Rather from the couch at my house. After the longest night of my life last night..... I got up called in to work, carted one kid to daycare and the other to urgent care! My "booger" (yes I call my kid booger) has a double ear infection! No wonder she was so assed up last night.

Here is some interesting news that the doctor passed on to me:

The AMA (or some medical board thing) has done studies and found that out of 100 ear infections, only 4 of them are bacterial and truly needs antibiotics. For the rest of the 96 kids, they are suggesting to not treat the ear infection with antibiotics. The toll of an ear infection runs about 10 days and after 3 the pain starts getting better.

That is great news..... for other parents! I want my child feeling better, um, NOW!
Needless to say, I left urgent care with not only the antibotic but with those wonderful little numbing ear drops!

For the past hour my kid has been resting.... she isnt screaming like she was this morning. But this is tolerable!

So yes, 1 month back to work..... I call in
1 week at daycare.... let the ear infections begin!

This again was why I hated daycare when Hannah went there! I am ready for this.... because for the first time in a long time. I like my job, I like my boss, and I like the people I work with!

No comments: