If you haven't read "Nosey Neighbors" read that post first.
Here is the crappiest feeling in the world:
Saturday night we had friends over. Everyone left around 11, so we locked up and went to bed. The only thing we can not swear to locking was the dog door.
6am like clock work Payton is awake. I grab her and head down stairs. I get to the bottom of the stairs and notice the blinds on the sliding glass door are open and the door is unlocked. In front of the dog door are a pair of Oakley sunglasses that are in three pieces. I think ok, that is weird. I start looking around.... if someone was in the house, they had to have taken something. As I am checking closets and the bathroom to make sure no one is hiding in them I notice the garage door to the house is opened. At this point, I KNEW someone had been in the house. I would never leave that door open.
So Woody comes down and I tell him, "Someone broke into the house last night" He gives his best "What are you talking about" without saying lady you are on crack comment. I start explaining everything to him and he goes outside to investigate. The side gate is open, another something we never leave open. And he says to come out there. The screen on the window had been taken off and bent. Someone decided after they got the screen off that they could make it through the dog door and just let them selves out when they were done.
Nothing was taken... nothing at all! We speculate that they came in thinking we weren't here and went to the garage to open it so they could wipe us out, and realized two vehicles were in there and decided to bolt.
Last night, we got NO sleep. Every little creek and sound we were up pacing around and checking to make sure no one was here. I was so scared that I wouldnt even get up to the let poor dog out when he had to go. I dont know what I will walk into.
Today coming home from work was the hardest and most scariest thing I have ever done. I pulled up to the house, took a deep breath and entered. I checked all closets, rooms, everything. I started crying because I think a person should not feel like that upon entering their own home.
It is scarey... it sucks. I dont like the feeling of wondering when I am gonna come home to an empty house!
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment