Saturday, August 9, 2008

Chicken Nuggets

Daycare really has Hannah speaking her mind more than usual these days. We live probably 3 to 4 miles from daycare. On a recent car ride home, as we are leaving daycare Hannah politely demanded the need to McDonalds chicken nuggets. I told her no, if it was chicken nuggets she wanted for dinner I would be happy to make them for her for dinner. That wasnt good enough, so the entire car ride home, I listened to her saying things like "Happy Meal", "McDonalds" and things of the like. I am used to her doing this to get her way so I just ignore it.
Go figure the light in front of the McDonalds was flashing red. There was a line and Hannah could those yellow arches from the distance, so it started again. "McDonalds" Happy Meal" "Chicken Nuggets", "Toy". My answer was simple "I said no, now cut it out" Her response "Well I will pick my boogers and wipe them all over you!"
Greta (whom I carpool with) lost it and started laughing, I started laughing. Of course we didnt want Hannah to know we were laughing so we tried to laugh without her knowing, we were laughing so hard that we started crying! I couldnt even regain composure to tell her she is not to speak like that.
My thanks goes out to daycare for teaching my child that the crusty things up Hannahs nose are called boogers. To a 4 year old, the threat of a booger is much like a parents threat to spank. Just as no kid wants a spanking, no parent wants a booger put on them!

No comments: