So an un named friend whose blog I just read signed up for weight watchers. Another pal is getting ready for gastric bypass surgery.
Its all around me... one way or another... people are changing their appearance and making themselves to be someone who they are happy with, or should I say happier?!
I am happy with who I am to a certain degree. I mean... fluffy girls need love to right?! I look great with clothes on... without.... not so much!
Lately I have been toying with the idea of actually working towards a weight loss goal and a goal of working out in the gym. Today, the first day of the month, I thought was the right day to do it.
I have spent the past month or so looking at my eating habits. I know what needs to change and how I need to do it.
For the past week, I have been taking the girls to the pool every other day and only worked out once. Today I rode the stationary bike 5 miles and did a 5K (thats 3.1 miles) in just over an hour. While today, I walked 99% of the 5k, my goal is to run more and eventually run the entire thing.
I have never had to worry about my weight.... never! But after Payton came and I had to get the hysterectomy, it is certainly true that losing weight is a battle! My weight, though not proud, at 5'10 is at 176. Too much for me. I have never weighed this much in my life, with the exception of pregnancy. Not a proud moment.
If I put it out here for my readers to read, maybe, this will keep me motivated to get to me 140 pound goal. It wont be overnight.... but what I am doing is a start!
So... here's to me! I will keep you all posted on my progress! We all know my attention span.....
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good luck girl! I know you can do it!!
Hey, we are just meeting and all, but may I say something? I'm 5'7 and weigh 143 and even though most of us women complain about our bodies, I'm not sure I'd want to weigh much less. 5'10" and 140 sounds really thin? A size 10 is a little big on me but that's what I'm wearing right now till I decide to go clothes shopping again, and a 10 seems okay -- so, just throwing that out there ...
Also, if you want to shape up nicely and easily, there is a DVD I have used called the Bar Method. I'm sure a search could yield the info easily for you. I have tried this and the results are great. Throw that in with the other stuff you are doing and you will shine.
I am probably talking to much in a comment section, but you mentioned your eating habits -- do you have any interest in green smoothies? Healthy stuff to add to your diet. They are not complicated to make and wow, something great for your body they are. (My rules are not to eat anything in a packaged wrapper)
Well, don't want to be a comment space hogger, but the whole all round good health is important to me without being a crazy person! Good luck to you, and I'll check back!
Post a Comment