Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sick sick go away....

Yesterday I discovered we could have the worlds crappiest insurance ever. I called the insurance company to verify we did have insurance with them and then they verified what I was wondering. We DO have the crappiest insurance company ever! The nearest Urgent Care center is 46.1 miles away. Thats great if you dont have a toddler with chronic ear infections. And super great if you dont have the accident prone daughter!
So the hunt was on to find a doctor that would take Payton in right away and get her what she needed to make her feel better. I actually called The Kearney Clinic and was able to get her in on a "walk in" right away. We saw the nicest doctor! I told her because of Payton and Hannahs history I came out with all of their medical records. She asked me if I had them with me. I told her I didnt bring them with me this visit because I wanted to make sure I liked her before I gave their medical records to her. She laughed and said she admired my honesty. Needless to say, I will be taking bot my girls and the medical records to this doctor!
So it turns out that Payton just has a case of the funk. Her tongue has been yellow the last few days and that is some sort of yeast infection I guess. They put a blue medicine on her tongue and it should clear it up. The doctor gave me a prescription for a cough medicine that should clear up her cough. And she said she does have fluid in the ear with the tube still in place. So, she is working on an ear infection. No antibiotics just yet. If she isnt better by Saturday,the doc wants me to call so she can call in another prescription.
Today, she still has the funk and still has that fever. I am hoping she gets better soon!

I am off to go take pictures of what she drew on the wall downstairs.... look for a post on that soon! It's entertaining!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor thing! Is she better yet?