Friday, September 26, 2008

The girl who was offensive

I never realized how much a 5 year old could offend people. Whoa..... 5!! My baby turns 5 on Sunday... close enough to say 5. Anyway....
Hannah goes to a Christian Pre-K. They have learned "The Lord's Prayer" which starts off "Our father, who art in heaven"... my child was chosen out of 25 other students to stand up and recite it amongst all the other kids and parents at daycare. She starts her prayer "Our father and my mudder who are in heaven", people laugh.... she goes on to say "and bring us dinner"...
I then tell her what a great job she did and told her that I would reward her with McDonalds... her favorite... the lady at the drive thru says Hi sweetie how are you?! Hannah responds with "When I get older I dont want to work at McDonalds like you, I want to be a doctor!" Poor thing, I know what she was trying to say.... she has her mommas sense of talking without thinking!!
Another quick bit, the other day, I grab the girls from daycare. I am in the middle of cooking dinner and Hannah says "Mommy, I have a bandaid in my ear" I said you did what?!!! She said "I have a bandaid in my ear" I said well how did that happen? her response was " I was on the playground and didnt want to litter so I put it in my ear!" I said, go sit down at the table and wait for me to pull that crap out. She responded with "I will spank myself for you!!" ANd sure enough, after digging around, I indeed pulled out a bandaid from her ear!! Me, not thinking before I speak said "You do not stick anything in any hole on your body, do you understand?" Yes mommy.... and the conversation was over!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, so when she's older and the sex talk comes up and you're explaining how it works and she says, "but mommy, you told me never to stick anything in any hole on my body..." or when you're explaining tampons... what are you going to say?

please, i just ask that you video tape your response and post it...

please...

please...

please...

damn, i'm laughing so hard right now just thinking about it....