Thursday, February 14, 2008
My Love Story
In honor of my husband and Valentines day I wanted to post my love story and encourage you to post your story about your mate, kid, friend, whoever your valentine is this year.I was in a marriage. I just moved back to Albuquerque with the intention of divorcing my then spouse. I took the first job that offered, at AOL. It was one of my first days of training class and I was standing outside with my friend Kelly when this guy started approaching her in this big 'ol bright yellow jacket. They spoke briefly about his Porsche, his boat, all his goodies that he had. He told his story and she told hers to catch each other up and he walked away. I remember thinking, wow that was so nice of you to introduce me to your friend, and who cares what this guy has! Anyway, I wasnt really into looking for anything because of the marriage I was ending. But I kept noticing him. I kept running into him, and I still didnt know his name. Kelly was out of work for awhile because of a medical problem she was having. I was having some trouble with a computer on the floor, saw this guy again, and said "Excuse me, Kelly's friend" he said, "yeah" I said "what do I do with this computer, it keeps freezing for no reason". He said "you do this and my name is Woody". He was holding the power button down... and I thought you punk. Not cool. He asked where Kelly was and showed some concern when I told him what happened. And again, he went on his way.We kept running into each other and I would see him in the smoking section and we would get to talking. Talking turned into hanging out just as friends. We quickly became such good friends. He would come over to my parents house, talk with them, and invite me to throw darts, shoot pool, hang with his friends, watch movies with him. Things like that. We both werent looking for anything. It was like my parents had a new friend around too. I never saw my dad talk to anyone the way he spoke to Woody.Time came where we thought we would try it as girlfriend/boyfriend and it still remained the same. The only difference was that I would spend all my time at his house. I had a key. I would come and go as I pleased. It was like I went there one day and we never seperated.About a year and some odd months into knowing him and dating him, he took me to dinner. I remember he was all dressed up and I thought I was so underdressed. I didnt think anything of it, he took me to dinner alot. I thought it was a bit peculiar when he ordered a second glass of wine. I went with it though and ordered me another glass. He brought up the subject of marriage, and that wasnt uncommon, we talked about it before. So we started talking about when he was going to propose. It was October, so I started rambling. Dont propose for Christmas, cause that wouldnt be fun. Dont propose for my birthday, cause that really isnt a birthday gift. Dont propose on Valentines Day cause that is obvious. And he reaches into his pocket and says "well actually", and as he gets down on his knee to propose, in the backround is some old lady saying rather loudly, "chivalry is not dead". She busted out with a camera and was taking pictures even! And so the plans began for our wedding and our lives together.Just over 7 years together, I still believe we are as happy now as we were back then. We are still great friends. We dont struggle like some of our friends do. We do have the occasional stupid fight. But I do believe with everything I am, that I have found my true love..... my life long parter... my very best friend.... and my soul mate. I am glad I had a few wrong ones in my life, before I find the right one.Happy Valentines Day Babe... I love you! I always will... you are still my everything!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Aww, Robin- sweet! And thanks for jumping on the love train!
I knew the first time I saw you and Woody together (Bennigan's) that your love would be the kind that's happily ever after. Congratulations.
Post a Comment