Growing up I had a few best friends that while I had a relationship with the friend, I also had a relationship with the parents. Moreso, the moms.
Last night, I received a call from one of my best friends and was told that her mom has cancer. They had just found it.
While it must have been a punch in the gut for my friend, it was also a punch in the gut to me. I stayed strong for her. But hung up feeling empty. I dont know the right words to say. I dont know how she feels. I cant even begin to tell her that I understand what she is going through. I felt as if I was useless to her at that moment.
All night long I thought. I thought about growing up with my buddy. I can still picture her mom, with her hands on her hips lecturing us or telling us what we were doing wasnt the smartest move. I can still see her in her house, in Aztec, right after it was built and she was so proud.
It isnt as if she is gone.
Sara is a spit fire. She is a strong lady. I know she will fight to the end!
I am hoping and praying that she has many years left. That she can overcome this. I pray that she can see her grandson grow up, and see her daughter get remarried to the love of her life.
I hope that I can be there for Brandy, like I should be. Like I need to be.
More to come on this, I am sure.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I didn't know you were blogging again! You made me cry! They are tears of joy though, you are my best friend. I thank you so much for always being here!
Post a Comment