I can say for the first time ever, in my life, I have lived one day in someone elses shoes.
A few years ago, my husband came up with this idea. He was gonna drop smoking and run a marathon. That's 26.2 miles, on foot. Running.
My big announcement wasnt as grand. But I decided, to run my first event ever. Only 5k, which equals, 3.1 miles.
After not running since high school, some 16 years ago. I got out today, and ran a whole quarter of a mile without stopping. Then proceeded to speed walk the rest of the distance.
While I am not looking for a medal of any sort, I AM looking for some support from the people who matter most. My family. Instead of getting the hey, good luck, good job, I will be there to watch you. I got you cant possibly run. Your niece runs like you.... kicking her own ass. You run all wrong. Things like that.
I will tell you what... I may not come in first place. I may come in dead last. But if I finish, than that is more than my family can say! I got off my ass and did something about my fatness. I am not standing around making fun of what I dont think one can do.
Years ago, yes, I thought my hubby was smoking crack in his free time about wanting to run a marathon. He gave me the strength to know that I too can do this. Only if it is 3.1 miles. I am gonna do it. I figure the best way to find out why he keeps doing this sort of thing, is to do it myself.
So one word to the non supporters.......
Blow!
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WOO! You can do it!! My mom and I did race for the cure in October and it was so much fun! Even with as out of shape as we are, we didn't finish last so I know you'll do great!!! Keep me posted!
Post a Comment