Friday, April 30, 2010

How do you deal?

So... I have been thinking. Yes, me thinking before I speak. And I need some help from my 3 readers!
We all know one..... the one upper, you know the guy that says "Oh you have a horse, I have three plus 8 barns!" or the "I am just too darn good looking for my own good, but dont get jealous of me!" How about, the guy that you are looking for a little sympathy from, you know, "So I had a bad day, work just sucked an.." (they interrupt with their sob story) "oh let me tell you what happened to me today" (now that they took a breath, you finish saying what you started) "d... oooohhhhh, you had a bad day, what happened to you today"
So like, how do you deal with them?
I am generally pretty good at dealing with these three types of people. But really... you arent any better than me....
Know what I mean? So really... do I hurt their feelings and bring them back to reality, or do I continue to let them speak as if the world revolves around them?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a so called best friend who did that. I dealt with it for a long time and then I started calling her on it. I'd just shut down and walk away. She'd trail along asking what was wrong and I'd tell her, well, I was in the middle of telling you something and you interrupted and turned it to yourself, and then I'd walk away again. She finally learned to at least listen to my story before turning it to herself... Of course, we're not friends anymore but that's because she's a selfish, jealous, lying twat-waffle. ^_^

Unknown said...

Tell the person! Or stab a pen in their eye. Either would make you feel better.